Privacy & Terms
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Whilst Bedford School takes care to ensure the accuracy of the Content, to the extent permitted by law, Bedford School assumes no legal liability for and does not warrant that the information contained on this Web site is accurate or complete, or that these web pages will be free from errors or that its availability will be uninterrupted and Bedford School hereby expressly disclaims and excludes all express and implied warranties terms or conditions not stated herein, so far as such exclusion or disclaimer is permitted under the applicable law. Bedford School excludes all liability to any person for any loss or damage caused by any errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident or any other cause but this disclaimer is without prejudice to any claims for fraudulent misrepresentation, personal injuries or death.
Restrictions on Use of Content
The Content of this web site and all copyright and other intellectual property rights therein belong to Bedford School or its Content providers. You are hereby granted permission to access the Site and print a copy of the Content as a record of your visit. All other use of the Site and its Content, including modification, publication, transmission, creation of derivative works, incorporation into another web site or reproducing the Site or the Content (whether by linking, framing or any other method) is not permitted without Bedford School's prior express written consent.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. In this statement, "we" means Bedford School including the Bedford School Association. Bedford School is part of The Harpur Trust (the "Trust"), of Princeton Court, Pilgrim Centre, Brickhill Drive, Bedford, England MK41 7PZ. Bedford Girls' School, Bedford Modern School and Pilgrims School are also part of the Trust. This statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, through "bedfordschool.org.uk" (our site) will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the Trust and the schools are the same data controller. Further details of the personal data the Trust holds, and how it is used, can be found on the Information Commissioner's website at www.ico.gov.uk under registration number Z1670129. Further information about data protection is available there.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Data security and where we store your personal data
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may share information within the Trust, but only in a way that complies with the Act. For example, if you request a prospectus about another school through our website, we will forward your request to that school. We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract between us, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Trust, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (usually £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.